Excellent final battle, well done all. We were fortunate not to lose anyone.
Random bullet-points for consideration, edit and comment
* Loot the Tower.
Fixtures, fittings, shinies, everything worth lifting. If we can make a future passer by think that some especially avaricious locusts swarmed it, so much the better.
Pay especial attention to:
- Documents, plans, maps of the Cult
- Arcane-vision for shinies
- Secret compartments in desks, walls, floors
- Robes, Jewellery, gems etc.
- Keep an eye out in case a suspicious Raven shows up (and destroy it)
* Secure the bodies.
I think we want to make it difficult for anyone to raise Darvin or… the other guy. What’s appropriate for corpse burning and destruction.
- John will be taking Darvins corpse. I was thinking of ensuring a complete and utter return to the soil for his remains… via some rose-enhancing manure functions (converting him into tiger dung, and digging him into the soil of the flowerbeds near the arcane star.)
* Caravan robbery
- Leave a big sign in Common at the Bandit Camp saying. (might want to raze the camp to the ground first, so they have no supplies or equipment to return to)
“If you’re alive enough to read this, sod off and get an honest job.
If we find you doing robbery again we’ll not be so merciful.”
- Check on the bandit status and the caravan guards. Help mop up stragglers if applicable, deal with wounded guards as necessary.
- Question survivors (and documents from tower) to see if Teras is implicated
- Report in to Elder Kendred and the Hall of Justice.
What are we going to do with this Orb? It’s probably quite valuable, just not here in Hammerfast. We may need it as ‘evidence’ to back up our tales that this is what the Cult of Grazzt is up to
- John is fine with keeping it with the … oh yeah, you don’t know about that one. Erm, John will look after it. He can intimidate Dragons, you know…
* The Future
What are we going to do now? We’ve gone from being itinerant mercenaries to quite respectable badasses. We’re probably reasonably wealthy, if we just wanted a small house and a life. Why’re we going to keep on risking life and limb doing this crazy stuff?
Myrae would like to investigate the situation back home (but maybe this can be done by agents in the first instance to see if a coup is viable). Also, hiding in the Underdark is the ideal foil to being hunted by demon-worshippers.
John is getting wanderlust. Settling in one place for long seems… dangerous. As Justice said, they will be after us to return the orb to their control. Keeping mobile seems a good way to keep them at arms length.
Plan B – Pre-emptive. How do we hunt the other Grazzt cells and take their orbs too (or go after unsecured orbs). Or maybe even get Paid to go after unsecured orbs by the Harpers etc. ?